Earth Day Sunday 2015
It’s Earth Day! It’s spring!
The season of Re-Creation!
Join us for our Earth Day celebration!
Sunday, April 19th, 2015 at 10 am.
Parents, the service will focus on our earth with music, prayers, and talk centered on earth day themes.
Children’s Sunday School will have:
- Discoveries about how to heal our wounded planet.
We’ll be teaching our children to care for the earth and for one another. A local ranger will bring plants and items for the children to learn about.
Please join us with your children for this enriching morning for the whole family!
SCC Green Team’s Mission Statement
We recognize humanity’s impact on Earth and the urgent necessity to be stewards of God’s creation for the future of all beings.
We will promote awareness of our local and global environment, and work to reduce our environmental footprint in all Skyline activities:
buildings and grounds
energy and water use
our individual lives
Celebrate Earth Day 2015!
Preserve and Improve our Water
Turn off the tap while washing dishes
- Collect the water running while waiting to get up to bathing temperature
- Take a minute or two off your shower time
- Run your dishwasher and washing machine only when full. Buy water and energy-efficient models – saving water saves energy.
- Walk or bike; You’ll be healthier , reduce pollution AND save 13 gallons of water for every gallon of gas you avoid using.
- Choose an apple instead of a bag of chips: be healthier and save 30 gallons of water.
- Eat less meat, especially beef. A typical hamburger can take 630 gallons of water to produce.
- Choose tap or filtered water instead of bottled water; it take 1 ½ gallons water to produce a plastic bottle
- Plant native plants and grasses that thrive on natural rainfall