PT Church Office Administrator, for beginning May 2013
Skyline Community Church UCC, located in the Oakland Hills, is seeking a well-qualified candidate to serve as Office Administrator. Skyline UCC is a progressive, open and affirming, justice-oriented congregation of the United Church of Christ. We are blessed with beautiful grounds, a diverse and talented faith community, and a wonderful preschool.
This is a part-time office position involving a variety of duties. Candidates must be detail-oriented and organized, able to prioritize, be self-motivated and able to work well with others. This position encompasses a broad range of responsibilities including newsletter writing, weekly bulletin production, office phone reception, administrative duties, basic bookkeeping, and other grounds-related duties requiring a high degree of professionalism, tact and discretion. A car is necessary, as the church location is not easily accessible by public transportation.
• General office administration and organization,(e.g. filing, phone, mail)
• Provide administrative support to ministerial/preschool staff
• Facilities Management (rental inquiries, contractor visits)
• Maintain accurate database of Church members
• Create and publish weekly Sunday bulletins, monthly newsletter, occasional brochures, annual church directory & annual report
• Assistance to off-site bookkeeper and website manager
• Maintain church calendars (on-line and in office)
• Supervise volunteers, and other duties as assigned
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong computer skills. This position requires basic familiarity or proficiency with Apple programs (Mail, Pages, Bento). Also, use of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to work with minimal direction and to prioritize use of time
• At least 2 years’ prior office management experience
• Ability to multi-task and deal with unexpected and shifting priorities
• Self-Starter with eye for detail and organization
• UCC or progressive spirituality interest
• Avid Apple User/social media technology-savvy
• Wanting to commit to at least 2+ years for position
College degree and 2+ years of experience or equivalent in office administration
Salary starting at $18/hr, 22.5 hours a week (M – F: 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM)
Benefits: Option to use Flex Pay HSA benefits, tax sheltered monies taken out of paycheck. Prorated medical benefits ($5400 per year, also included).
Email resume and cover letter, resume and a list of four references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Administrative Assistant” – [Your Name]” in the subject line.