Skyline’s support of Children, Youth and Families is vital and loving. The family, in all its contemporary shapes and sizes, is the heartbeat of our church. Through a spirit-filled, family-friendly Sunday morning worship, inspired Sunday School for K-12, and a wide variety of events for kids and their adults, we nurture faith in this precious gift.
Sunday School & Child Care
We offer an all ages Sunday School during worship for children and youth. (Click here for more information.)
UCC Camping Programs – Skyline youth are invited to participate in Youth Camping programs of the Northern California Nevada Conference of the UCC. Please click here for more information. http://www.ncncucc.org/category/youth-outdoor-ministries
Confirmation – Confirmation classes are offered every few years. Since confirmation is an affirmation of one’s faith, our program involves a variety of experiences in which to explore our faith. These include overnight retreats with the UCC conference, mission projects, field trips to experience a variety of faith traditions, and required readings and meetings. We use the widely acclaimed UCC curriculum “Affirming our Faith.”
Family Events & Programs – Skyline’s array of yearly events for Children, Youth and Families is rich and exciting. The school year begins with Communion Bread Baking, when our children and youth bake bread for the year’s Communion service and get to know our elder members personally. Throughout the year there are lots of chances to hike, play and create wonderful craftwork. From Co-op Play Dates to the Blessing of the Animals, Skyline programs welcome all families to experience the joy of creation and the wonder of childhood!
Intergenerational programs We offer a wide variety of special intergenerational events throughout the year, check our upcoming events calendar regularly to stay tuned. These include:
- The Blessing of the Animals (Fall) in honor of the Feast of St Francis, we celebrate all God’s creatures, and welcome the wider community. Animals are an important part of our lives and the shared love of animals brings us together as community. In the Annual Blessing of the Animals, we celebrate the sacred interconnection we have with all of life. Join us for an animal friendly service, snacks, and a celebration of your precious beloved animals! Children are also invited to bring treasured stuffed animals for blessing as well.
- The Halloween party Each Halloween Skyline becomes a Hallowed place as we celebrate All Saints Day and Halloween together. Everyone is invited to wear costumes to Sunday worship and come prepared to join in the costume parade.
- Christmas Party join us as we sing songs, share a delicious potluck meal, and visit with Santa! Crafts and games provided for children.
- Easter Egg hunt Come join in the annual Easter Egg hunt, Easter Sunday morning at 11 am in front of the Gazebo.. Open to the public!
- Earth Day celebration: (Spring) come join us as we celebrate the beauty of our planet, of nature, and of all creation. Potluck dinner, stories, crafts, and songs. Children and families especially welcome. Jointly hosted by Skyline church and preschool.
- Spring Fling: a grand celebration, including booth games, silent auctions, a live band, cookout with barbecue and grilled burgers, hot dogs, chicken, salads and ice cream, face painting
- BAPTISMS: contact our minister, Reverend Laurie Manning at 510 531 8212