If you are seeking…
- a church that is guided by the teachings of Jesus in an open-minded and progressive way,
- a way to work for justice and peace, both locally and globally
- a beautiful, inspiring, natural setting,
- a diverse, inclusive, multi-racial, open and affirming community,
- inspiring preaching and music,
- a community where God’s love knows no bounds, where all are welcome, young, old, rich, poor, different colors and sexual orientation
- a nurturing faith community that supports families, one where your children can learn that God loves them
Then Skyline UCC is a true place for you.
United for Marriage Equality: http://www.ucc.org/lgbt/issues/marriage-equality/
Month at a Glance
Every Sunday you are invited to join us for Choir Practice at 8:30 am; Worship at 10:00 am; Fellowship at 11:15 am – Child Care & Church School provided – see our Families section.
Holiday Season 2013
Sunday Services begin at 10 A.M.
Pastor Laurie preaching.
- Saturday, November 30: Greening of Sanctuary – 10 am – 12 noon
- Sunday, December 1 – First Sunday in Advent: Give Peace a Chance; Isaiah 2:1-5; After service – sermon discussion
- Sunday, December 8 – 2nd Sunday in Advent: Hope is Coming!; Isaiah 11:1-10; CHRISTMAS PARTY – 7-8:30 pm – carol singing, visit from Santa, Christmas story, dessert & party
- Sunday, December 15 – 3rd Sunday in Advent: Ode to Joy!; Isaiah 35:1-10; Pageant practice and costumes after service
- Sunday, December 22 – 4th Sunday in Advent: Family Friendly Christmas Pageant – simple drama, lots of carols, invite your friends with children! Everyone is invited to wear a costume (not only angels and shepherds, but also kitty cats and firemen! Use your imagination… no matter who you are, where you are on life’s journey, baby Jesus welcomes you! Invite your friends, and come and see the baby Jesus.
- Tuesday, December 24th – Christmas Eve Service at 7 pm: Candlelight service of lessons and carols – A mystical and magical candlelight Christmas Eve service concluding with communion at midnight. Beautiful music and inspirational readings. Experience the meaning of the season with all the tradition honoring the mystery of Christ among us.
- Monday, December 30th – Epiphany!
Skyline & UCC Current Missions
For the second year in a row, this fall, Skyline has made a major donation and presented a matching challenge to major corporate sponsors to support the fundraising efforts of Alameda County Community Food Bank. Given the recent reports on poverty, particularly among children and the elderly in Alameda County, such donations are critical.
In total, Skyline has contributed $30,000 over the past two years to ACCFB, our matching challenge has been met, and with their purchasing power, our gift has turned into over $500K worth of fresh healthy food for families here in Alameda County. Our efforts were made possible, through the grace of God, working through us, to provide for so many, just like the multiplication of the loaves and fishes, making the world, a bit more like the Kingdom of Heaven.
WE CAN SUPPORT THE EDUCATION OF CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD!
For the fifth year in a row, this month, we will hold our annual Sierra Leone bike fundraiser, to fund five teachers in the school that we built in Makrommay, Sierra Leone, where 400 children from four villages come and learn. One of our beloved members, Sentho, was born in this village, and after the war, the school and much of the village was destroyed. Together, we are re-building the village and the lives of these children. (Click here to see a Thank You from the Children video.)