If you are seeking…
- a church that is guided by the teachings of Jesus in an open-minded and progressive way,
- a way to work for justice and peace, both locally and globally
- a beautiful, inspiring, natural setting,
- a diverse, inclusive, multi-racial, open and affirming community,
- inspiring preaching and music,
- a community where God’s love knows no bounds, where all are welcome, young, old, rich, poor, different colors and sexual orientation
- a nurturing faith community that supports families, one where your children can learn that God loves them
Then Skyline UCC is a true place for you.
Month at a Glance
Every Sunday you are invited to join us for Choir Practice at 8:30 am; Worship at 10:00 am; Fellowship at 11:15 am – Child Care & Church School provided – see our Families section.
Pentecost, Earth Day Mission: http://www.ucc.org/earth/
United for Marriage Equality: http://www.ucc.org/lgbt/issues/marriage-equality/
Sunday Services: May 2013
Sunday Services begin at 10 A.M. (Except for May 19th when service begins at 5 pm)
Themes for May: Peace & Justice for ALL people and the planet.
Rev. Laurie Manning preaching
- Sunday, May 5: Psalm 67, John 14:23-31; The Advocate; Oakland Community Organizing follow up discussion
- Sunday May 12 – Mother’s Day Celebration!
- Sunday, May 19: (There is NO 10 am service!)
Spring Fling, Preschool Celebration! 11 am – 3 pm
Worship – Earth, Wind and Fire! Pentecost – 5 pm service and celebration
- Sunday, May 26: A Time of Remembering; Memorial Day Celebration & Naomi Schulz last Sunday
Skyline & UCC Current Missions
For the second year in a row, this fall, Skyline has made a major donation and presented a matching challenge to major corporate sponsors to support the fundraising efforts of Alameda County Community Food Bank. Given the recent reports on poverty, particularly among children and the elderly in Alameda County, such donations are critical.
In total, Skyline has contributed $30,000 over the past two years to ACCFB, our matching challenge has been met, and with their purchasing power, our gift has turned into over $500K worth of fresh healthy food for families here in Alameda County. Our efforts were made possible, through the grace of God, working through us, to provide for so many, just like the multiplication of the loaves and fishes, making the world, a bit more like the Kingdom of Heaven.
WE CAN SUPPORT THE EDUCATION OF CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD!
For the fifth year in a row, this month, we will hold our annual Sierra Leone bike fundraiser, to fund five teachers in the school that we built in Makrommay, Sierra Leone, where 400 children from four villages come and learn. One of our beloved members, Sentho, was born in this village, and after the war, the school and much of the village was destroyed. Together, we are re-building the village and the lives of these children. (Click here to see a Thank You from the Children video.)